Monday, January 30, 2006

Priorities

I strolled out of my house this morning at my usual time, 730am. There was fog around, and condensation on the windows of my car. As i opened my door, i spotted it. The usually expected, but unwanted parking ticket/revenue source for DC. I was angry as i perused over the unrippable slip of plastic. Had i just missed the meter person? When i realized the ticket had a time-date stamp of 230AM, i was initially very upset. I thought for sure that there were much higher priorities than ticketing my car for being too close to the stop sign at 230am.

As I thought about it longer, i was encouraged to realize that the MPD was circulating, and patrolling our neighborhood. This is especially good considering that someone attempted to steal my car last week, and were successful in taking a car on T st. I guess the old model of "broken windows" policing is still in effect. At the end of the day, if the stepped up MPD activities results in reduced crime, and a better Eckington, I will be happy to take the extra time to find a parking spot.