Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ominous


This is the only word that can be used to describe the weather front that moved in last night. Looking up as i departed VA, the weather front divided the nearly clear azure blue sky with a sinister black wave of clouds. It was incredible. you could see nearly the entire storm front, a diagonal line of evil weather coming from the WSW. If only I had my camera. It got even more interesting. As i crossed the Memorial Bridge, the whole river was covered in the black from the storm, but the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument were still under the pale blue sky. I have never wanted to stop my car in its tracks and take a photo more than right then. but alas, commitment to safety won out.

this one is taken from this website,


We really needed the rain, and thankfully, my newly planted grasseed was not washed away.

No comments: